The continued transformation of the European banking sector undoubtedly brings with it new operational and technological challenges, opportunities, and threats, along with accelerating or decelerating key sector trends. Simultaneously, greater clarity on new regulatory requirements — at global, supranational, and national levels — is emerging, while ever-increasing customer expectations regarding both the quality of products and the delivery of services place additional pressures upon the region's banks. The goal of the European Banking IT Strategies service is to assist financial institutions exploiting IT solutions to maximize returns and retain customers and to help technology vendors further define and execute their strategic marketing programs. Our locally based analysts, supported by in-country technology specialists, actively review self-service delivery and front-, middle-, and back-office systems as well as the evolution of multichannel banking.
The research agenda follows banking opportunities from customer and vendor perspectives, providing senior-level decision makers with timely market insight into the business opportunities within this dynamic part of the world. Our advisory service provides ongoing research reports, analyst access, and admission to content-rich conferences and webcasts.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Changing trends in customer-centric strategies for consumer banking, credit, investment, and corporate banking
- Best practices and business models for marketing, supply chains, and governance
- The evolution of mobile banking, NFC, prepaid cards, and other payment trends
- Self-service banking and the role of the Internet and other innovative channel management schemes
- Addressing the Big Data challenge, particularly in the context of business intelligence and analytics
- Understanding how banking can best leverage the opportunities afforded by social networking
- The use of cloud-based services by financial institutions
- IT spending trends in the European banking sector
- New trends in risk and regulatory compliance
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the unique dynamics within European retail and corporate banking, including pan-European initiatives?
- How are the needs of European consumers and companies changing, and what will this mean for the banks that serve them?
- How can delivery channels be a source of added value through which high-margin relationships can be created and sustained? What makes a difference in winning the larger "share of the wallet" from customers?
- What are the hot trends in the European banking market? How can technology providers optimize their business models to benefit from these opportunities?
- How can financial institutions leverage innovative partnerships and net-centric collaboration with service vendors and leverage relationships with supermarkets, telecommunications providers, or other companies?
- What are the trends in IT product areas (i.e., hardware, software, and IT services)?
- What are the optimal transformation strategies for banks to consider?
Financial institutions and technology vendors that support them use our research to guide their internal investment decisions, help them plan for future technology needs, benchmark the competition, and stay current on solution offerings. We also provide clients an open dialogue with our expert analysts to support key FinTech investment strategies.