The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is an analysis of the current status and projected growth of IT spending in the banking industry, updated twice a year. This five-year outlook on IT spending by banks, specialized banking institutions, and credit unions provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies and measure growth areas. Financial service providers and IT vendors that target the financial services industry need to effectively position themselves in this significant and evolving market and understand the impact of IT spending patterns at all types of banks and across all regions. IDC Financial Insights provides this benchmark tool with consistent, detailed market data for institutions in the North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific, and the rest of the world (ROW) markets, providing a profile of the IT growth opportunity segmented by technology components, solution categories, institution types, and sizes. This pivot table tool presents spending forecasts according to current assumptions relating to economic trends, end-user surveys, and IDC Financial Insights' comprehensive segmented research expertise. In addition, the guide provides targeted data for sales organizations, with specific spending predictions and analysis correlated by financial institution size and type.
The guide provides a comprehensive spending view of the bank functions and supporting technologies. The guide starts at a high level with categories of hardware, software, IT services, and internal IT spend. The second level then reveals banking segments such as corporate and institutional banking, shared services, consumer banking, enterprise utilities, and corporate administration. The third level of detail then allows for specific spending numbers and delineates accordingly, by institution type and tier.
The guide is segmented within the following areas:
- Technology components — Hardware, software, IT services, internal services
- Regions — North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific, the rest of the world
- Solution categories — Consumer lending, payments, information security, enterprise risk management, core processing, commercial finance, treasury, trade, wealth management, channels, credit cards, and more
- Institution types — Banks, credit unions, specialty finance
- Institution size — Tier 1–tier 4
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which segments of the banking industry are continuing to spend, and how can you target those high-growth areas?
- What technology needs in the banking industry are driving key growth opportunities for IT vendors?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among types of institutions and solution spend areas?
- What are appropriate growth expectations for my firm based on current and expected market conditions?
- How do institution size and charter impact IT investment strategies?
By presenting a worldwide view and a segmented perspective on IT spending by financial institutions, the Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide helps IT suppliers targeting the banking sector identify market opportunities and execute an effective strategy.
- Assists IT suppliers that are targeting the banking sector to identify market opportunities and to execute an effective strategy
- Guidance for more responsive, customer-centric marketing campaigns
- Evaluate sales performance/goals against overall market conditions
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings