The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the banking industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by banks provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Financial Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the banking industry.
The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Financial Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, banking executives, and vendors. The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the capital markets industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 30+ functional processes, four geographic regions, two institution types, five banking segments, and four company size tiers.
The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is segmented by:
- Geographic region (North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and rest of the world)
- Function process including channels, payments, core processing, and several others.
- Technology (hardware, packaged software, IT services, and internal services)
- Institution types including banks and credit unions
- Banking segment including consumer banking, corporate and institutional banking, corporate administration, enterprise utilities, and shared services
- Institution size by tier 1 through tier 4
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide banking IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments of this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- How should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
By presenting a worldwide view and a segmented perspective on IT spending by financial institutions, the Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide helps IT suppliers targeting the banking sector identify market opportunities and execute an effective strategy.
- Assists IT suppliers that are targeting the banking sector to identify market opportunities and to execute an effective strategy
- Guidance for more responsive, customer-centric marketing campaigns
- Evaluate sales performance/goals against overall market conditions
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings