IDC Financial Insights' Asia/Pacific Banking IT Strategies offers a focused look at the Asian banking sector and provides decision makers with a comprehensive array of actionable information, including business model analysis, market entry strategies, competitive positioning, information technology trends, and market forecasts. This advisory service helps financial institutions and technology providers that operate within Asia/Pacific to grow their businesses, maximize returns, and boost customer retention. Our in-country advisors actively engage with management teams to identify market opportunities and provide strategic guidance. The research agenda follows banking opportunities from bank and vendor perspectives, providing senior-level decision makers with timely market insights into the business opportunities within this dynamic part of the world.
This service develops in-depth analysis of key trends in both the corporate and the retail banking sectors in the Asia/Pacific region, based on ongoing communication with banking practitioners, industry experts, and product and service vendors. Our analysts work with subscribers to map out the research agenda for the year and are also available to provide ad hoc advice to help banking executives and vendors make informed decisions. In addition to ongoing research reports, our research advisory service provides analyst access, Web conferences, and exclusive admission to banking-related round tables and content-rich conferences such as the annual Asian Financial Services Congress.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Key technology spending priorities in Asia/Pacific banks
- Best practices and business models for banks in the 12 key markets in Asia/Pacific
- Competitive positioning and strategic guidance for IT vendors for gaining traction in Asia/Pacific banking
- Customer trends and market analysis
- Impact of economic, regulatory, competitive, and social trends on IT investments in Asia/Pacific banks
- New technologies in retail and corporate banking
- The use of Four Pillars (cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data) in Asia/Pacific banks
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are Asian retail and corporate customers changing, and how must banks adapt to meet their new requirements?
- What are the hot trends in Asia's banking market? How can technology providers optimize their business models to benefit from these opportunities?
- How do core banking systems investments reflect the business realities of the Asia/Pacific region?
- What are the unique dynamics within the Asian banking environment, and how will they impact local and foreign institutions?
- What are the best practices of the use of Four Pillars (cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data) in Asia/Pacific banks?
- Which markets offer the greatest potential for financial institutions and the firms that service them?
- Which are the leading banks, and what is the source of their competitive advantage?
IDC Financial Insights' Asia/Pacific Banking IT Strategies is ideally suited for executives from banks as well as service providers that seek to understand the trends in the region's banking sector and the emerging technology proposition that will shape competition.
- Concise briefings and guidance on key IT trends and challenges within the segment
- Regional analysis of relevant solution providers
- Strategic business planning for core banking transformation projects
- Competitive positioning and recommended partnerships
- Distinct extension of internal market research to validate market strategies
- Guidance for more responsive, customer-centric marketing campaigns
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.
Associate Research Director, Financial Services Advisory, IDC Financial Insights Asia/Pacific