Today's payments industry has reached an unprecedented level of competitiveness among banks, nonbanks, and vendors. Newer payment methods are expanding options that have remained relatively unchanged for generations. Banks and payment processors face increasingly complex and risky decisions, and the stakes have never been higher. In this turbulent market, every stakeholder in the industry, from financial institutions to payment processors to merchants, need more than facts and figures to succeed; they need critical analysis and insightful decisions.
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service provides groundbreaking, fact-based research on the most substantial challenges facing the payments industry. Particular attention is given to assisting the technology buyer in making decisions regarding which vendor to select or which strategy to follow.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Emerging trends in payments such as mobile and alternative payments
- Electronic bill payments and presentment
- eCard-linked offers, loyalty, and rewards
- Enterprise risk and fraud management affecting payment products
- Legal or regulatory issues, including card interchange, fraud and security, and cross-border payments
- Enterprise payments strategy, including payment hub architecture and performance management
- The future of payments infrastructure and cloud-based services, including the growth of mobile point of sale, online purchasing, payment gateways, and mobile application
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can banks, processors, and merchants leverage mobile networks and devices to open up new revenue streams and strengthen customer relationships?
- How can banks manage payment fraud risk most effectively? What are the costs and benefits of an enterprise risk management strategy? What tools and service providers should financial services companies be considering?
- Why do financial institutions need to modernize and streamline payments infrastructure to reduce processing costs and facilitate new product development, particularly in the emerging areas of mobile and cloud services?
- How do payment stakeholders navigate the ever-changing world of regulation? How can financial institutions replace revenue lost because of regulation or court settlements? What potential is there in card-linked offers, expansion into mobile and cloud payments, and financial supply chain management?
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service assists financial institution line-of-business managers with advice on strategic and operational risks and opportunities that arise from technological change.
- Fact-based, in-depth examination of industry trends and best practices
- Continual monitoring and guidance on the ever-changing landscape of legal and regulatory issues
- IDC MarketScapes, providing a standardized, rigorous comparison of leading payment technology providers
- Benchmark reports that help financial institutions, merchants, and payment providers gauge their competitiveness
- Regularly updated blogs and commentary on payment technology issues as they happen
- Regional analysis of important trends
- Worldwide market sizing and forecasting to improve sales planning and marketing strategy
- Competitive analysis to guide competitive strategy
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.