IDC Financial Insights' Financial Services Solution Guide examines solution-specific vendor revenue for the top worldwide financial services vendors. Solutions covered include payments fraud management, core banking, mobile banking and payments, enterprise risk management, asset and wealth management, and liquidity and asset liability management. Unlike products that examine horizontal vendor revenue from either the hardware, software, or services perspective, this product examines industry-specific vendor revenue at the solution level and provides a holistic view of the top vendors in a particular industry. This product can be used by strategic planners, market analysts, and others seeking to understand the opportunities by solution and industry.
IDC Financial Insights uses a combination of vendor surveys, proprietary models, and public information to estimate the total solution revenue earned by the top vendors in each of the six key solutions listed in the "Topics Addressed" section. Depending on the solution, the vendors may be diversified, with only a portion of their total revenue allocated to the market, or specialized, with most or all of their revenue in that market. The key solutions have been selected to fit the following characteristics:
- High growth rate relative to banking IT spending as a whole and low supplier concentration
- Lack of reliable public information on supplier revenue in the specific market, either because most competitors are private companies or because the public competitors do not segment revenue at the necessary detail
- High rate of technological change leading to disruptive market economics
This service is closely linked to IDC MarketScape reports in the relevant subscription research services, which provide greater detail on the individual competitors. Over time, as new IDC MarketScape reports are completed, the competitors covered in each report are added to the Financial Services Solution Guide to provide an increasingly complete picture of total IT revenue. This also complements existing products such as IDC Financial Insights' Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide. Subscribers can use these products in tandem to create custom views of key competitors, suppliers, or markets.
Vendor revenue is segmented by the following financial services solutions:
- Payments fraud management
- Core banking
- Mobile banking and payments
- Enterprise risk management
- Asset and wealth management
- Liquidity and asset liability management
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Who are the top vendors in a particular banking industry?
- How much revenue does each vendor derive from a particular solution?
- Which vendors hold the largest share of the banking industry?
- What is the opportunity for a specific industry solution in the United States?
- Banking line of business and IT executives looking for a quick, reliable "short list" of key vendors for key solutions
- Vendors seeking to determine their market share and identify top competitors and/or partnership opportunities
- Securities analysts who cover the vendors in the key market/solution
- Consultants and advisors who are working with end users or suppliers in the key markets
Group Vice President, Customer Insights and Analysis